What’s On Your List?
I wanted something fun and lighthearted today. Someone was preaching and provoked me to write an idea: what are the benefits of being saved?
There are of course the obvious items: forgiveness, peace of mind, and the privilege of eternal life after death. But what are some quirky/odd/cool things that you do or find are a benefit to you or a result of your becoming a born-again Christian?
I’ll start the list… do add to it! 🙂
1. I can laugh at some of the stupid things I do because Jesus covers my mistakes!
2. I look up into the clouds, talk to God, and keep my head tilted for a few seconds… waiting as though He’s going to stick His head out of the clouds and respond:-d (It’s great when I have moments such as those: I feel like He’s my bosom buddy!)
3. I look for the favor* of God to happen to me even in what might seem like insignificant places such as at the supermarket or bank.
4. You become a singer! The longer you are saved– you hear songs of praise and worship that you love! You start singing them, even if you can’t carry a tune in a bucket!
* [God’s “favor” is a way of saying that God allows circumstances to be resolved positively and often quickly in your behalf. For more on God’s favor: go to November 10, 2009, & May 1, 2010, entries. ]
6/4/2010 — Numbers 5-7 were posted by Eden.
8. We expect miracles to happen now. (We know God can do miracles… look from where He brought us!)
9. More self-acceptance: if God can tolerate us, then can we not love our selves?
10. Insights — You will get understanding into people’s thinking and into circumstances that you never would have conceived of by yourself.
11. Appreciation for the Use of One’s Limbs
On my About Me page a visitor recently made a comment regarding Joni Eareckson Tada, a quadripeglic, who rebounded and has lead an active and productive life some 30+ years since her accident. She is also in ministry. See her website at http://www.joniandfriends.org/
I had heard mention of her before because she had been in the news in the past. After her accident, she learned to create wonderful artwork while placing the paintbrush between her teeth! Yet reading her biography today, I was again reminded of how wonderful it is to be able to use all of one’s body parts. God shows a person how to appreciate so much! 🙂
12. Someone saw me running down the street today. He stopped to say that I was overly-blessed because I could run like that when many could not. So right now I am thanking God for the ability to run!
13. The repeated experience of euphoria — Oh the delight of seeing how God takes care of us day after day. It makes you fall in love with Him over and over again.